all ages, sizes, levels of ability.
Our beginner’s classes are for all ages, sizes, fitness levels. Experienced teachers cover essential poses, class etiquette, breath-work, foundations of yoga. An ideal first start! There are other ways to begin yoga too — see below!
FALL SEMESTER BEGINNING YOGA CLASSES
- Section 1: September 10–October 8
- Section 2: October 15–November 12
- Mondays, 5:30–6:40pm
Cost: Five classes for $55, check or cash. JOIN ANYTIME during the session! We pro-rate for late registrations.
Three best options for beginning students at Sun Moon Yoga:
- Register for Beginning Yoga: See Sections above. To let us know you are coming (appreciated/not essential): contact Mona at firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-in, fill out registration form and pay (check or cash) at first class. You may print out a registration form to bring in or mail to: 635 S. Front St, Mankato. NOTE: If you miss the first class of the section, you are welcome to join Beginning Yoga ANYTIME. We prorate for late registrations.
- You do not have to take the Beginning Yoga to begin learning yoga. Beginners are welcome to attend Gentle, Basic Hatha and All Levels classes as Registered or Punchcard students. See Class Descriptions and our Fall 2018 Schedule(PDF) for details.
- First-timers welcome in Happy Hour Yoga. The class is relaxing, fun and geared toward beginners. Athletic beginners may enjoy Power Hour, or Yoga for Strength, which are shorter versions of our challenging classes.These are ALL $5 Drop-in Bargain Classes. Just show up — we have mats to borrow.
Wear non-restrictive clothing and plan to be barefoot.
Try to refrain from eating at least two hours before the start of your class because practice is best on an empty stomach.
Please do not wear heavy perfume, scented oils or colognes.
Arrive 10–15 minutes before the start of class in order to sign in and prepare for the session.
Inform your instructor if you have any injuries or if you are pregnant.
Consider bringing a towel and bottled water. Many of our classes are vigorous and will cause you to sweat.
Changing rooms are provided.
Mats are available for use during class—to borrow or purchase—however, bringing your own mat is encouraged.