DEAR YOGA COMMUNITY
Thank you for supporting the studio.
Nothing teaches “We Are All One,” like a pandemic virus. Practicing Ahimsa is how we will address Covid-19 at Sun Moon Yoga.
Ahimsa means our actions can make it, or break it, or others and being unconscious of that may be harmful. Ahimsa (meaning: non-harming), is the first of the Yamas and the guiding light of the ethical principles of yoga. Ahimsa is non-harming to ourselves and others through actions or speech, our communities and non-harming to the planet.
Spring Session is March 30–June 6. We are going completely online for a limited number of classes.
Register below, look for an email from your teacher to join your class session.
Sending LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to all,
Spring is a Time of Growth, Renewal
SPRING SESSION has gone virtual
Mon., March 30–Sat., June 6 (10 Weeks)
Register by April 4 for our completely online session; 10 classes for $100.
Studio Class Descriptions
ONLINE MINDFUL HATHA
(Beginners and Experienced Students)
The perfect de-stress yoga class! Slow stretch, doable strength work and moments of mindfully-paced movement in 60 minutes.
|Mondays, 10 AM|
ALL LEVELS (POSTPONED)
(No Experience Needed)
All ages, all sizes, all levels of yoga experience combine in a practice emphasizing making individual choices in poses. This is a non-flowing, 75-minute yoga class.
ONLINE VINYASA FLOW
(Experienced or Fit Beginner)
It’s all about the flow as yoga sequences, breathwork and movement increases.Teachers offer modifications and opportunities to adjust intensity. This class is 75 minutes.
ONLINE POWER YOGA
(Experienced or Fit Beginner)
Includes Ashtanga-style Sun Salutations and wide variety of poses and techniques from other styles including Hot Yoga. Class pace, challenge is more intense than Vinyasa classes. (60 min.)
|Mondays, 5:30 PM
Online Class Instructions
We will use the zoom.us platform to meet with you for class online. You may join a class on your computer or mobile device.
HOW TO GET ZOOM:
- To join the Zoom class meeting on your laptop, tablet or phone:
⁃ Navigate to zoom.us. Click “Resources”
⁃ Phones/Tablets: Click the link to your device’s App Store to download
⁃ Laptops/Computers: Find “Zoom Client for Meetings” and click the Download button. Allow the download to use your microphone and camera.
⁃ You can also join the meeting by conference call from your phone. No set up needed.
- IF YOU ARE NEW TO ZOOM, you may want to review this video which provides an overview about joining Zoom meetings.
- Before the class time you will receive a link from your instructor by email. (If you don’t receive an email, please check your SPAM-filtered mailbox as it might arrive there.) Join your class meeting every week with the same link provided by your instructor.
ON THE DAY OF CLASS:
- Find a quiet place for your yoga practice.
- Gather props like a mat, yoga blocks, blanket. A few minutes before class time, click on the link to take you to Zoom and join the meeting.
- You will see the instructor and she will see you too if you have a camera on your device. Otherwise, you will only be able to hear the teacher.
- We will have some time to visit before class starts, then the instructor will mute participants microphones for the hour of practice (so everyone will not be distracted by any background noise.)
- After class, the teacher will un-mute everyone to say goodbye.
Thank you for being a part of the Sun Moon Yoga community and joining us in a new virtual yoga space as we practice ahimsa, non-harming through social distance.
Our classes are for ADULTS ONLY