INVITATION TO CREATE SPECIAL CLASSES & EXPERIENCES
Specialty class teachers and workshop presenters, host your next multiple class session, or one-time event, at Sun Moon Yoga at Union Market. Our new location is spacious, beautiful, with kitchen facilities on the premises, and fully stocked with props such as bolsters, straps, blocks, etc. We announce and support all our classes, workshops and events on our website and social marketing platforms.
Mind, Body, Spirit Classes & Events
Specialty Classes may be non-yoga (Pilates, Barre); or, a yoga style not taught by Sun Moon Yoga Staff (Ashtanga, Kundalini, Plus-size, Therapeutic Yoga).
One-time Special Events: Music, dance, meditation, general interest healthy lifestyle workshops and professional level yoga teacher training.
Specialty Class Teachers and Presenters:
- Ideal to plan Session in alignment with Sun Moon Yoga Classes.
- Pay a flat rate per class or negotiate a percentage of registrations. Flat rate: One class $30; two classes $50; all day $75.Weekly Flat Rate: One class $30 (five-week class would be $150); two classes (two days or stacked on same day) $50. For Events: One-time studio rental with minimal set-up and take down, $50; extensive set-up, and clean-up $75.
- Your class will be listed on the Sun Moon Yoga website with links to your email, Facebook page, website; as well as social posts.
- You class will ALSO be promoted on the Union Market website and social platforms.
- Provide your own printed materials (posters, flyers, schedules); which will be featured alongside the Sun Moon Schedules, at Union Market.
- You are responsible for registering your students, and taking in monies (including any online registrations) and recording all class payments.
- You are responsible for weather cancellations, and substitute teachers for your class.
- Provide proof of yoga teacher liability insurance.
To Apply: Please email Mona (firstname.lastname@example.org) for available time slots; include links to your marketing platform (FB page, a web bio, etc.).
Mind, Body & Spirit Learning Experiences
Workshop/Series Details: Workshops are 3–5 hours; Series meet four or less times. Both can be educational offerings of value to yoga and healthy lifestyle community in general; or, as Continuing Education for yoga teachers.
- Sun Moon offers Presenters 70% of event registrations.
- Book your date 6 months in advance for best marketing.
- Your Event will be listed on the Events page at sunmoonyogastudios.com; with links to your email, Facebook, website.
- You are responsible for marketing your event.
- Please set a DEADLINE for a minimum number of registrations. You are responsible for all Event cancellations.
- Provide printed materials (flyers, posters, hand-outs)
- Presenters create the Facebook Events page for their event.
To Apply: Please email Mona (email@example.com) a short proposal; with links to learn more about you (FB page, website, past events). Presenters are responsible for listing workshops as Yoga Alliance Continuing Education.
SPECIALTY Class Weekly Time-slots for Spring 2019:
- Tuesday/7pm – Booked – Open beginning April 23
- Thursday/9am – Booked – Open beginning June 6
- Thursday/10:30am – OPEN Spring/Summer/Fall
- Thursday, 4/4:30pm – OPEN Spring/Summer/Fall
- Thursday 5:30pm – BOOKED (Ashtanga) – OPEN Summer; Booked Fall 2020
- Thursday, 7pm – OPEN
First STEP: Take a yoga class at Sun Moon Yoga (view current schedule).
Special Event/Specialty Class: Email Mona your Special Class/Event Proposal; includes title, website/flyer description, suggested times/dates, costs and Presenter/Instructor qualifications. First-time classes/events may be asked to demonstrate/audition.
Yoga Classes/Teacher Training: Send a resumé of your yoga training and experience. Minimum requirement for teaching yoga at Sun Moon Yoga is 200RYT and some teaching experience. Presenters for general interest workshops may have diverse qualifications; Yoga Teacher Continuing Education providers must be YACEP.
ALL Sun Moon Yoga Staff and Guest Teachers are on-site, present to incoming students, a half-hour prior to class time. Dear Specialty Class Instructors, Event Presenters and Guest Teachers, please note, if you are unable to make this time investment in your offering, Sun Moon isn’t a possibility. Teachers who arrive last minute, or late, please don’t apply. This time before class, of grounding, preparing sacred space and greeting our students by name as they arrive is what makes our studio EXCELLENT.